My name is Lilian van Engelen. I grew up in a small village near Utrecht, The Netherlands. I have always loved reading, writing, being creative and ‘going on adventures’ as my friends and I called it. After an education in Visual Merchandising at Nimeto Utrecht I worked in several fields (Garden Centres, Wholesale Building Suppliers, DIY and the Medical Field), in and outside the Netherlands. In most cases these were new commercial roles. I really enjoyed the challenge of shaping these roles and working out what was needed.
The last six years I worked for Discogs, an international music database and marketplace. Seeing the company develop from start-up to full grown business was an exciting process. I started in their webcare team and when that was running well, worked as Content Specialist and Accountmanager.
In the past few years I have met many business owners with incredible stories. They offered services and products that I wished more people would know about. It inspired me to start Piccalilly Connects: Now I can help these business owners. I feel privileged hearing their wonderful stories and finding out how I can best support them!
I love music (especially Soul, New Wave and 80’s Pop), so it might not be a surprise that our house is filled with records. Attending a concert or pop quiz is definitely my favourite night out! Apart from that I enjoy traveling, taking my ’57 Morris Minor for a spin and spending time with friends and family. You can often find me visiting the Irish West Coast, where I lived and worked for a few years. And in the stunning surroundings of the Nieuwkoopse Plassen, one of the most beautiful parts in the green heart of the Netherlands. My husband Ruud and I have been living here for almost ten years now.
To help you grow your business, it’s important for me to learn more about you and your business. Please give me a call so we can set up a meeting in person!
Education & training
- Google Analytics For Beginners, Google Academy, 2020
- Basic Training Technical SEO, SEOguru, 2020
- SEO Training For Copywriters, SEOguru, 2020
- Copyschool, 2020
- VA School, 2019
- Google Ads Fundamentals, Google Academy, 2019
- Effectief Influencing, Yearth, 2018
- Time Management – Yearth, 2017
- Content Management – Competence Factory, 2015
- Writing For The Web – Competence Factory, 2015
- SEO Writing – Competence Factory, 2015
- Music Journalism – Fontys Hogeschool Journalistiek, 2014
- Business Development – Bouwmaat, 2005
- NIMA Communication A – LOI, 2003
- Visual Merchandising, Advertising & Marketing – Nimeto Utrecht, 1993-1997